If you want to play Omaha poker, you need to make sure you understand everything about the game before you sit down to play for money. Just because you know how to play Hold’em, and you’ve read up on how to play Omaha poker it does not mean you are fully ready. If you have no experience with how to play Omaha poker here we explore more about this format.
How to play Omaha poker – Different styles
There are a few different types of Omaha games from which you can choose. The most common game type is regular Omaha, but there is also Omaha hi/lo. You can choose between; no limit, pot limit and fixed limit games as well. Here, we will explore the standard no limit Omaha game, but make sure you are aware that there are different formats.
1) The two players left of the dealer button contribute the small and big blind.
2) Each player (starting from anti clockwise from the button) receives 4 cards face down.
3) Betting takes place starting with the closest active player on the left of the big blind
4) This player can fold, call or increase the bet, and action continues around until every player has the same amount in the pot.
5) The flop is dealt face up onto the table.
6) Betting starts with the small blind (or player closest to the left of the small blind). This player can check, raise or fold, and the action continues until every player has put the same amount into the pot.
8) The turn is dealt face up onto the table.
9) Step 6 repeats.
10) The river is dealt face up onto the table.
11) Step 6 repeats for the last time.
12) The winner is the person that can make the best hand using two of their own cards and three of the community cards. This person wins the hand.
Where and how to play Omaha poker online
If you know how to play Omaha poker or feel you are now ready to try it for yourself, there are a few websites that offer this service. We would strongly recommend Pokerstars, especially if you are new and have just learned how to play Omaha Poker. Pokerstars have an excellent Poker school you can take advantage of when you join which includes an Omaha course you can take at your own pace to really understand with practical examples how to play Omaha Poker. You can also get up to £400 in bonuses for joining as a new customer. All you need to do is click the link below.